Trump promised to protect the sick and the poor. He lied.
Uninsured ranks still to grow by tens of millions under latest House health-care bill, CBO says
CBO: House Obamacare repeal bill would leave 23 million more uninsured
23 Million Fewer People Would Have Coverage Under Obamacare Repeal Bill, CBO Confirms
You voted to kill a lot of people, Trump voter.
This is not hyperbole. You will take away our healthcare. You will take away our homes. You will take away our Social Security Disability.
This will lead to death. DEATH.
TRUMP LIED. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS? WHY DIDN’T YOU? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
2018 SPENDING BILL (not Obamacare repeal only):
Massive cuts to Medicaid
Massive cuts to Social Security and Social Security Disability
Massive cuts to HUD
Massive tax breaks to the rich
THIS IS WHAT WE GET, TRUMP VOTER
If this goes through, I AM SCREWED. I will be without state health insurance and will have to rely on the VA, which is shit coverage because I never served during wartime. I will lose my apartment because a) they’ll take away housing vouchers, and b) they’ll take away my Social Security Disability. I will be homeless and without healthcare. Thanks, Trump Voter.
Missouri lawmakers just took raises away from minimum wage workers
Cities within Missouri raised the minimum wage. The state legislature has finally been able to veto it and everyone who makes the current raised minimum will now go back to $7.70/hr. They’ve all just been given a pay cut.
This should be illegal.
Suggestion for inbound Democrats in Congress: When you get the majority, find your fucking backbones and institute a new unbreakable rule, even making it an amendment:
“All politicians, either in office or retired, are hereby prohibited from earning a salary that is higher than the federal and pertinent states’ minimum wage.”
Take away their fucking government Single Payer Healthcare, too . . .
“Those that work against their constituents’ constitutional right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness will have their government healthcare plan revoked until they meet the minimum standards for serving the people.”
Re: The U.S. Government.
It’s going to take several decades, if not centuries, to get corruption out. The corruption I speak of isn’t just among certain members of congress or the presidency. It has to do with our government turning a blind eye to criminality and atrocity due to GREED.
It belongs to policies. It belongs to trade. It belongs to “decorum”, and it belongs to our own Constitution.
- The Constitution. In 1775, Jefferson was forced to rewrite it time and again because the “southern” states made lots of money from the “industry” of slavery and they refused to give it up. Our government started out corrupt.
- Our National Anthem. Francis Scott Key was a slaveholder who viewed blacks as subhuman and property. He wrote it into the third verse of the song. Despite knowing that, our racist forebears allowed it to become our national anthem and since then, have refused to remove it on the grounds that it’s anti-patriotic. LIE. Our patriotism was grounded on rebellion and revolution and written into the constitution (our rights to assemble and protest). Patriotism is not defined as one who thinks and acts the way the corrupt government tells them to think and act.
- Oil and Gas Trade. WE the People, via our corrupt government, do business with governments who commit atrocities, all because we want their oil and gas. We prop up/support regimes who routinely murder their own citizens because we’re using them for some heinous means. Saudi Arabia is one of them. We did business with the USSR’s Stalin during WWII because we needed his support against Hitler. Um, NO, we didn’t. What WE (and the UK) didn’t want was to fight a war on three sides: Germany, Japan, and Russia. And because Russia sits on huge oil reserves.
- So-called War On Drugs. Nixon created this problem because he hated “liberals”. i.e., Democratic voters. Blacks and the poor routinely vote on the Democratic ticket — and generally against war — and in order to reduce their numbers, they had to be targeted. The best way to do that was to create a drug problem, then to create extreme laws to “fix” the problem. This also had a secondary industry growth: the private prison industrial complex. When these people get out of prison, many states refuse to let them vote. The corrupt members of congress and their industry donors can’t allow blacks to vote. So if they aren’t going to prison for smoking a joint, then they have to be attacked in other ways. One of them is to create a false narrative about voter fraud (which doesn’t exist), so voter ID laws were created that force out people who can’t get to a DMV. DMVs are shut down, bus systems are cut back, and benefits to those on welfare are cut. The whole point in doing all of that is to keep the political corruption going.
- Marijuana Demonization. In the mid 1800s, the timber industry was booming. The rich bastards at the top, which included congressmen and senators, who controlled the industry discovered that there were elements among the liberals who were trying to get hemp distributed as an alternate, and safer, source for paper-making. Our own Constitution and other documents were drafted on it. BUT. Hemp would cut into the timber industry’s profits and our crooked Congress members couldn’t have that. So hemp, and its strains like Cannabis Sativa/Indica, had to be demonized. A ridiculous film called “Reefer Madness” was distributed in the 1920s as the central part of a campaign to place marijuana and hemp as dangerous substances–all the while, Cocaine and Heroin were widely distributed in medicines and soft drink products like Coca Cola (where do you think the name came from?). When the FDA was created and drugs were being considered for prohibition, Cannabis was at the top of the list. NOT for its dangerousness but because it was a rival to the timber industry. When the pharmaceutical industry got going, cannabis was once again a threat, so the DEA was instructed to keep it on the prohibited list as a Schedule 1 drug, equal to heroin, cocaine, bath salts, LSD, and methamphetamine. “Big Pharma” currently has developed a synthetic version of marijuana. It’s addictive and has dangerous side effects. Unlike the natural plant. But Big Pharma needs to make money so the plant will stay on the DEA list. Many states are now realizing the lies surrounding marijuana and are legalizing it, but its federal criminal status keeps the plant out of government tax status, which is illogical. The government could profit, but Big Pharma is in charge and they pay off politicians (via “legalized bribery” in campaign contributions) to keep it that way. (to learn more about marijuana, go to herb.co)
- Kratom Demonization. Kratom, aka Mitragyna speciosa, is a member of the coffee plant family whose *miraculous* qualities help people fight their opioid addictions. BUT. The pharmaceutical industry (Big Pharma) will lose money if they can’t peddle their addictive substances like oxycontin, oxycodone, etc., so they bribe our politicians who make DEA policy. Kratom is currently being considered for the Schedule 1 list. It’s no more dangerous than the Valerian plant, a natural sedative, which has been synthesized to make Valium. Fentanyl is a synthetic form of heroin, taken from the poppy. It is highly addictive and can easily kill. If anything should be illegal, it should be synthetic versions of plants intended for narcotic addiction.
The list can go on and on, but you get the point. Our system is corrupt. To get the corruption out will take a long, long time because they will fight against it. Money makes people do evil things. But we need to change, to root it out, to put us on a path where we can be proud to be Americans.
You need to pay attention. Now.
What’s happening in the WH and the government is SCARY. We have three major things that are at serious risk of breaking the back of our country.
1) Internet Security. We need that baby and trying to control it the way they (the rich) do their lives (ick, lower class, get away, you don’t deserve shit but to shine my shoes and make my cars) will ruin us.
2) TAX CUTS. Do you understand that taxes pay for everything? What they want to do is give less and make the rest of us give more. Our country cannot handle the tax plan they are intent on implementing. These people don’t want to help us. They want to help themselves. They are going to bankrupt our country and if you can’t or won’t see that, may the gods help you.
3) FARM WORK. Our country depends on seasonal workers to get our produce to market. Without it, we are fucked. WHITE people, so-called Americans, don’t want to do the work. Who does? Latino-Americans and undocumented Latinos. Ask every farmer who depends on “migrants” to get their crops picked and processed their opinion on our Latino seasonal workers. You’ll hear nothing but praise. Ask them about American workers, non-latino workers, and you’ll hear disgust and disdain. When Latinos are employed, 90% of the crops go to market. When whites and others are employed (only), 30% goes to market. Why? Because the lazy good-for-nothing white workers don’t want to do seasonal work. Don’t want to do the *hard* work. But we need our produce to get to market. We can’t survive without it.
This anti-immigrant, anti-undocumented worker bullshit is nothing but propaganda designed to do only one thing: DISTRACT. It’s the shiny object they’re waving while they steal the goddamn treasury out from under us.
PLEASE. PAY ATTENTION.
So why haven’t you heard about this ad nauseum on cable news? Because cable news is corporate owned and they’re about to get a big pay day thanks to a massive tax cut… which is partly amusing since the fuckers don’t pay their fair share in the first place. But now they don’t want to pay at all. We are going to be stuck with the bill, just like always. AND WE CAN’T PAY IT.
Rose Garden Bullshit News Conference on Syrian Gas Attack
a) He tweeted several times during 2013 onward that Obama shouldn’t get involved in Syria.
b) He admired Assad before Tuesday’s gas attack (IMO, because Putin told him to).
c) The main reason for Russia’s “irrational” backing of Assad is that Russia has two oil refineries along Syria’s coast.
d) The condemnation of the gas attack is meaningless.
e) Blame Obama.
f) If you saw the news conference where this picture was taken, it was, to say the least, *embarrassing*. He used 5th grader words.
g) He has already put boots on the ground in Syria. 500 of them.
h) The meaningless approach to Syria by attacking Russia’s approval of Assad: He (via Tillerson, “former” head of Exxon) has a $500B Exxon oil deal with Russia that is dependent on the Russian sanctions being lifted.
Summary: The gas attack means nothing to Chump. He’s simply in a quagmire trying to get sanctions lifted but Congress is in his way, so he has to “appear strong” (make like a bully spewing nonsense).
“It’s like in the great stories, Mister Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened. But in the end, it’s only a passing thing. A shadow. Even darkness must pass. For the day will come and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stay with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mister Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something.”
“What are we holding onto, Sam?”
“That there’s some good in this world. And it’s worth fighting for.”
The Intercept’s letter to public servants: If You See Something, Leak Something