Re: The U.S. Government.
It’s going to take several decades, if not centuries, to get corruption out. The corruption I speak of isn’t just among certain members of congress or the presidency. It has to do with our government turning a blind eye to criminality and atrocity due to GREED.
It belongs to policies. It belongs to trade. It belongs to “decorum”, and it belongs to our own Constitution.
- The Constitution. In 1775, Jefferson was forced to rewrite it time and again because the “southern” states made lots of money from the “industry” of slavery and they refused to give it up. Our government started out corrupt.
- Our National Anthem. Francis Scott Key was a slaveholder who viewed blacks as subhuman and property. He wrote it into the third verse of the song. Despite knowing that, our racist forebears allowed it to become our national anthem and since then, have refused to remove it on the grounds that it’s anti-patriotic. LIE. Our patriotism was grounded on rebellion and revolution and written into the constitution (our rights to assemble and protest). Patriotism is not defined as one who thinks and acts the way the corrupt government tells them to think and act.
- Oil and Gas Trade. WE the People, via our corrupt government, do business with governments who commit atrocities, all because we want their oil and gas. We prop up/support regimes who routinely murder their own citizens because we’re using them for some heinous means. Saudi Arabia is one of them. We did business with the USSR’s Stalin during WWII because we needed his support against Hitler. Um, NO, we didn’t. What WE (and the UK) didn’t want was to fight a war on three sides: Germany, Japan, and Russia. And because Russia sits on huge oil reserves.
- So-called War On Drugs. Nixon created this problem because he hated “liberals”. i.e., Democratic voters. Blacks and the poor routinely vote on the Democratic ticket — and generally against war — and in order to reduce their numbers, they had to be targeted. The best way to do that was to create a drug problem, then to create extreme laws to “fix” the problem. This also had a secondary industry growth: the private prison industrial complex. When these people get out of prison, many states refuse to let them vote. The corrupt members of congress and their industry donors can’t allow blacks to vote. So if they aren’t going to prison for smoking a joint, then they have to be attacked in other ways. One of them is to create a false narrative about voter fraud (which doesn’t exist), so voter ID laws were created that force out people who can’t get to a DMV. DMVs are shut down, bus systems are cut back, and benefits to those on welfare are cut. The whole point in doing all of that is to keep the political corruption going.
- Marijuana Demonization. In the mid 1800s, the timber industry was booming. The rich bastards at the top, which included congressmen and senators, who controlled the industry discovered that there were elements among the liberals who were trying to get hemp distributed as an alternate, and safer, source for paper-making. Our own Constitution and other documents were drafted on it. BUT. Hemp would cut into the timber industry’s profits and our crooked Congress members couldn’t have that. So hemp, and its strains like Cannabis Sativa/Indica, had to be demonized. A ridiculous film called “Reefer Madness” was distributed in the 1920s as the central part of a campaign to place marijuana and hemp as dangerous substances–all the while, Cocaine and Heroin were widely distributed in medicines and soft drink products like Coca Cola (where do you think the name came from?). When the FDA was created and drugs were being considered for prohibition, Cannabis was at the top of the list. NOT for its dangerousness but because it was a rival to the timber industry. When the pharmaceutical industry got going, cannabis was once again a threat, so the DEA was instructed to keep it on the prohibited list as a Schedule 1 drug, equal to heroin, cocaine, bath salts, LSD, and methamphetamine. “Big Pharma” currently has developed a synthetic version of marijuana. It’s addictive and has dangerous side effects. Unlike the natural plant. But Big Pharma needs to make money so the plant will stay on the DEA list. Many states are now realizing the lies surrounding marijuana and are legalizing it, but its federal criminal status keeps the plant out of government tax status, which is illogical. The government could profit, but Big Pharma is in charge and they pay off politicians (via “legalized bribery” in campaign contributions) to keep it that way. (to learn more about marijuana, go to herb.co)
- Kratom Demonization. Kratom, aka Mitragyna speciosa, is a member of the coffee plant family whose *miraculous* qualities help people fight their opioid addictions. BUT. The pharmaceutical industry (Big Pharma) will lose money if they can’t peddle their addictive substances like oxycontin, oxycodone, etc., so they bribe our politicians who make DEA policy. Kratom is currently being considered for the Schedule 1 list. It’s no more dangerous than the Valerian plant, a natural sedative, which has been synthesized to make Valium. Fentanyl is a synthetic form of heroin, taken from the poppy. It is highly addictive and can easily kill. If anything should be illegal, it should be synthetic versions of plants intended for narcotic addiction.
The list can go on and on, but you get the point. Our system is corrupt. To get the corruption out will take a long, long time because they will fight against it. Money makes people do evil things. But we need to change, to root it out, to put us on a path where we can be proud to be Americans.